Saturday, November 29, 2014

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

After the disappointment the prequels brought, I wasn't very psyched when Disney bought Lucasfilm and proceeded to announce that they would be producing an entire new trilogy to keep the saga going.

Then the cast was revealed...


...and I felt so much more hopeful about Episode 7. My enthusiasm built up even more when I found out that John Williams would also be returning to score for the new films because Star Wars wouldn't be the phenomenon that it is without Williams' memorable music. The news that J.J. Abrams would be directing it didn't sound so bad either.

On November 6, an official title was finally divulged: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens". And, I admit, it didn't feel particularly inspiring. I actually kind of hated it but, now that I've had some time to dissect the possible implications of the title, it doesn't sound as awful as it initially did.

Yesterday, the first teaser was released:


My initial reaction to the voice over was that it sounded a bit Ultron-ish then "hey, that's Tatooine!" And out pops a scared John Boyega dressed in Stormtrooper armor. Next came droids, Stormtroopers, and Daisy Ridley, dressed in an outfit reminiscent of one of Leia's outfits in one of the first three movies, riding a clunky-looking speeder. Then Oscar Isaac in the cockpit of an X-Wing(?) fighter and more X-Wings skimming the surface of a lake. And we see the (possibly) new Sith villain turning on a crossguard lightsaber. Isn't he going to hurt himself with those crossguards? 

And finally came that shot of the Millenium Falcon accompanied by the Star Wars main theme... GOOSEBUMPS! I am now totally back on the Star Wars train again. :L

2015 is going to be a great year for my geeky heart.


Listening to: Star Wars Main Theme by John Williams

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this post. Have a good day! :)