Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The best gift

I'd been planning to write my first post in this new blog on or after New Year's Day 2014 but since I was suddenly in the mood to write, here I go.

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. I love it even more than my birthday. And it's not because of the gifts or the parties but because the season makes me happy. Commemorating Christ's birth gives me hope and strength as well as reminding me to continue to be thankful for all the blessings, big and small, that I receive every day. And I love that it's a time for families to gather together and celebrate.

This year, I thought I might spend it with just my two boys, my parents and my siblings because my husband wouldn't be able to come home from his job overseas. Thankfully, his boss approved his leave request even if it was only 7 days of accrued days off. He not only managed to surprise us for the holidays but he also arrived in time to attend our eldest's Family Day/Christmas Festival in kindergarten. To say that we had a beautiful Christmas would be an understatement. I am blessed and thankful. <3


I hope your Christmas was also a good one. No matter how you may have spent it and with whom, I pray that love, peace and joy reigned that day and will continue to do so the whole year through. :)


Listening to: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this post. Have a good day! :)