Monday, January 6, 2014

Goodreads Book Challenge

New blog, new year, new book challenge.

Last year, my target was to read 50 books. I kind of played it safe but I did manage to meet it, perhaps even exceeded it a little. Unfortunately, I wasn't too diligent in checking in to Goodreads so officially, I ended the year with only 36 books read.

This year, my goal is 75 books. And I will try to deviate, once in a while, from my regular fare of YA fiction, SciFi and Fantasy, contemporary romances and graphic novels to include the classics and other more substantial reads. I know my brain would thank me for it.

To date, I've finished reading five books, all SF&F. But I'm currently in the middle of Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett, described as "a tragicomedy in two acts". Maybe I'll try to write about it when I'm done.

Image credit
Are you up for a reading challenge this year? Try hopping on over to Goodreads or just set a goal for yourself and see how you do by year's end. Good luck! :)

Listening to: Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this post. Have a good day! :)